Friday, February 13, 2009

MORMONS

Hello to all those that will read this post! I want you all to know that i am a Mormon; or more correctly a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am proud of it! It is something that i really believe in so i hope that no one will judge me for my faith. It truly helps me be a better person.
I just wanted to add a little blurb to all those that dislike Mormons...please don't. I have been to many churches and i truly think that pretty much every faith is a positive one and i truly believe that 99.9% percent of faiths try to help people and do help people. I want all those that criticize the Mormon faith to realize that it is the same!! It is a good organization that tries to do what is right. It is one of the biggest helps in relief aid that there is! The Mormons were some of the first at the scene to help with Hurricane Katrina. They are there to aid in every natural disaster! There welfare program is one of the best that there is! The church has helped millions!
I am not trying to say that Mormons are the best or anything like that. I just want you to know that in the world today there are 1 billion Muslims, 1 billion Catholics, 13 million Jews, and there are 13 million Mormons. We are here and i find it sad that all my life i have seen my faith be attacked over and over again. I especially dislike when we are attacked by those that don't have very much knowledge of what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints actually teaches. My one plea is educate yourself about Mormons...and by educating yourself i don't mean go to as many anti-Mormon people as possible! Go to the source...find out what really is happening? If you have questions ask...some good websites to find information out at are Mormon.org and LDS.org...also if you would like just post any questions you have in the comment box below and i will do my best to get you an honest and completely true answer!!
Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. If I wanted to find out about the Catholic church, I would ask a Catholic. If I wanted to find out about Judaism, I would ask a Jew. And if someone wants to find out about Mormons, ask a Mormon. Seems perfectly logical to me, but some people seem to find it necessary to ask people who know little to nothing about us instead. How does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete

Followers